The mission of the BMCCHS School Counseling Department is to create a comprehensive developmental school counseling program that addresses the career, academic, personal, and social needs of every student.
SC Uniform Grading Scale
Converting College Grades to HS Grades
Grade Level Promotion Requirements
The New 10 Point Grading Scale
The State Board of Education voted unanimously to adopt a 10-point grading scale for all high school courses in South Carolina. This change will have a positive impact on students across the state, leveling the playing field for them as they compete for academic and athletic awards and scholarships. Additionally, this change will enable students to have a seamless transition into technical colleges or universities in South Carolina and nationally, as colleges and universities generally use the 10-point grading scale.
Visit the state department website for a list of FAQs at:
Comprehensive Guidance Program
There are four components to the BMCCHS Comprehensive Guidance Program:
The BMCCHS School Guidance Department also provides many support areas:
Senior/College Preparation Links
Ten Important Ways in Which College is Different from High School
- You will have a lot of freedom to make choices and to decide how to organize your time. A lot of personal responsibility goes with that freedom.
- You will be expected to read extensively and analytically.
- You will write a lot.
- You will deal mostly with questions that do not have single correct answers.
- You will be expected to judge the reliability of sources of information and opinion.
- You will consider how the point of view from which you approach a question or problem affects your answer or opinion.
- You will be expected to question and critically evaluate claims that authorities make.
- You will apply knowledge, not simply acquire it.
- You will consider the ethical and moral aspects of situations you read about and activities you engage in.
- You will learn to deal with problems that are open-ended and for which the first step is simply to ask a question.